Friday, June 17, 2011

Slurpees and Murder Record Club: Nighttime Highway Mixtape

i like you but i am shy so i made you a mixtape are you going to the dance this weekend y/n

As promised last week, this is the counterpart to the previous podcast mixtape whatchamacallit; where last week's compilation was for the daylight drive out of the city to start the weekend, this week's compliation is for the (usually reluctant) night drive back in.

You'll recall that last week I gave the file about twenty minutes of pre-highway warmup to let you get out of the city, but that's obviously not the case when you're driving back from far-flung lakes or woods or wherever you end up. So this mix gives you about ninety seconds to get driving, pretty well all you need to get yourself onto the road, and if you aren't on your way by then it's not my fault that you backed into the ditch again. SMOOTH MOVE EX-LAX HAW HAWWWWWWall right i'll go get the truck

I've been back and forth between city and lake more times than I can count already this year -- stupid leaking roof grumble grumble why I oughtta -- so I can assure you that everything in this mixtape is thoroughly road-tested and road-approved. This being a night playlist rather than a day playlist, most ideal with the stars out but also good for clouds, I threw in some darker and weirder stuff and more electronic joints than last time but also made sure to pepper it liberally with music that'll keep you awake. I think you'll agree that's a pretty good strategy!

Pick your preference:

Nighttime Highway Mixtape (192 kbps) (105MB)
or
Nighttime Highway Mixtape (128 kbps) (70MB)

Tracklist:

Boards of Canada - Kaini Industries
Florence + The Machine - Howl
Broder Daniel - Dark Heart
The Protomen - Light Up The Night
Holy Fuck - The Pulse
Ladyhawke - My Delirium
Pride Tiger - Forget Everything
The Futureheads - Let's Dance
Masafumi Takada - 100STARS DX
Aphex Twin - Digeridoo (Aboriginal Mix)
Peter Gabriel - Darkness (Engelspost Remix)
Beck - Still Missing (Röyksopp Reix)
Hercules & Love Affair feat. Antony Hegarty - Blind (Frankie Knuckles Remix)
Dondolo - Dragon (Shit Robot Remix)

But, wait! I've done one mixtape for driving in and one for driving out, but there's still another Friday left in June; now what the hell am I going to do? Tune in next Friday for the third and final mixtape; I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments: